A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman criticized U.S. intelligence agency accusations of Chinese firms hacking computers to steal commercial secrets.
Speaking at a press briefing, Hong Lei said the Chinese government has responded regularly to hacking-related issues, and referred to allegations of stealing information "grossly irresponsible" without evidence.
"China also falls victim to hacking," Hong said.
Hong added cyberspace security is an international issue, and China anticipates cooperation with other nations to safeguard online security, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap