A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman criticized U.S. intelligence agency accusations of Chinese firms hacking computers to steal commercial secrets.
Speaking at a press briefing, Hong Lei said the Chinese government has responded regularly to hacking-related issues, and referred to allegations of stealing information "grossly irresponsible" without evidence.
"China also falls victim to hacking," Hong said.
Hong added cyberspace security is an international issue, and China anticipates cooperation with other nations to safeguard online security, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy