A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman criticized U.S. intelligence agency accusations of Chinese firms hacking computers to steal commercial secrets.
Speaking at a press briefing, Hong Lei said the Chinese government has responded regularly to hacking-related issues, and referred to allegations of stealing information "grossly irresponsible" without evidence.
"China also falls victim to hacking," Hong said.
Hong added cyberspace security is an international issue, and China anticipates cooperation with other nations to safeguard online security, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English