A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman criticized U.S. intelligence agency accusations of Chinese firms hacking computers to steal commercial secrets.
Speaking at a press briefing, Hong Lei said the Chinese government has responded regularly to hacking-related issues, and referred to allegations of stealing information "grossly irresponsible" without evidence.
"China also falls victim to hacking," Hong said.
Hong added cyberspace security is an international issue, and China anticipates cooperation with other nations to safeguard online security, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women