Obama adviser David Axelrod told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" he will shave his mustache if the president loses in Minnesota, Michigan or Pennsylvania.
Axelrod told host Joe Scarborough he will come on the program and shave his "mustache of 40 years" if President Barack Obama loses any of the states, which have trended Democratic in recent elections, to Republican nominee Mitt Romney, Politico reported Wednesday.
Scarborough, a former Republican congressman, responded to the wager by agreeing to grow a mustache if Obama wins North Carolina or Florida in the Nov. 6 election.
Most Popular Stories
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU