AMELIA ISLAND, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 10/30/12 -- Days of wonder and nights to remember are waiting at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. Discover coastal holiday traditions including a Gingerbread Pirate Ship, the perfect backdrop for your holiday keepsake photo. There will be magic in the air with Santa tuck-ins, storybook teas, beach bonfires and holiday wagon rides down dune-lined paths.
The Amelia Island, Florida resort's most popular holiday events include:
The S.S. Amelia Gingerbread Pirate Ship Arrives
On Wednesday, November 21, the S.S. Amelia, a spectacular gingerbread pirate ship, docks in The Lobby for the holiday season. Made from more than 1,200 pounds of sugar, 3,000 eggs, the S.S. Amelia serves as a festive backdrop for countless holiday memories.
All are invited to see this Amelia Island holiday icon. Complimentary.
Christmas Tree Lighting
Wednesday, November 21 - 5:30 p.m. - Courtyard
Thousands of sparkling lights will cast a beautiful glow on the lavishly decorated Amelia Island resort during the annual Christmas Tree Lighting. The event includes holiday music and refreshments. The festivities conclude with Santa's arrival and a spectacular fireworks display.
Complimentary and open to the public.
Santa's Holiday Dinner
Wednesday, November 21 - 6:30 p.m. - Talbot Ballroom
Immediately following the Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves and reindeer will be present to share a dinner in a festive, magical atmosphere. Admission includes a photo souvenir with Santa. Buffet style dinner with all of the children's favorites, local seafood, braised beef short ribs, delectable desserts and candy station.
$49 per adult, $25 per child, ages 5 - 12, includes service charge.
Family Thanksgiving Grand Feast
Thursday, November 22, 12:00 p.m. & 3 p.m. - The Ritz-Carlton Ballroom
Celebrate and give thanks with a traditional meal with all of the trimmings. The luxury hotel in Florida hosts a Thanksgiving feast featuring live music, family entertainment plus a lavish buffet that includes shellfish, smoked salmon, sushi bar, steak and eggs station, local fish and carving station.
$99 per adult, $45 per child, ages 5 - 12, includes service charge.
Thanksgiving in Café 4750
Thursday, November 22, 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
A delicious Thanksgiving buffet with all of your favorites.
$75 per adult, $28 per child, ages 5 - 12
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'