Ford reported a third-quarter record $2.2 billion in operating profit with a net income of $1.6 billion and best-ever results for any quarter in North America which continues to be the financial backbone of the company.
General Motors' third-quarter earnings report Wednesday morning will provide the last measurable evidence before the Nov. 6 election of the automaker's progress since its government-aided restructuring.
Chrysler's 3rd quarter profit should offset Fiat's loss
Chrysler is on track to earn $1.5 billion for 2012 while its owner, Fiat, will detail today the depth of its struggles in Europe and especially its crucial home market of Italy.
Ford to sell last of parts businesses
Ford has agreed to sell the last of its Automotive Components Holdings businesses, a divestiture that has been years in the making.
Consumer Reports reliability survey: Glitches drag Ford down; Toyota brands take top 3 spots
Ford, once Consumer Reports' most reliable domestic automaker, fell near the bottom in the publication's 2012 survey, while Toyota's three brands swept the top three spots and General Motors' four brands gained ground from a year ago.
Matthew Elliot named Bank of America Michigan president
Bank of America has named Matthew Elliott president of its Michigan market. Elliott will continue to serve as global commercial banking market executive for middle market banking in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction