El Paso airport passenger traffic declined almost 16 percent in September compared to August, and declined almost 6 percent from September 2011, new data show.
Passenger traffic for the first nine months of the year declined 1.5 percent from a year ago to 2.17 million passengers, the airport reported.
The airport handled 221,451 passengers in September, a drop of 40,969 passengers from August, and a decline of 12,920 passengers in September 2011.
Freight handled by the airport declined 8 percent in September, compared to September 2011. But the amount of freight going through the airport increased almost 5 percent for the first nine months of the year compared to the same time last year to 7,377 tons.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy