El Paso airport passenger traffic declined almost 16 percent in September compared to August, and declined almost 6 percent from September 2011, new data show.
Passenger traffic for the first nine months of the year declined 1.5 percent from a year ago to 2.17 million passengers, the airport reported.
The airport handled 221,451 passengers in September, a drop of 40,969 passengers from August, and a decline of 12,920 passengers in September 2011.
Freight handled by the airport declined 8 percent in September, compared to September 2011. But the amount of freight going through the airport increased almost 5 percent for the first nine months of the year compared to the same time last year to 7,377 tons.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins