El Paso airport passenger traffic declined almost 16 percent in September compared to August, and declined almost 6 percent from September 2011, new data show.
Passenger traffic for the first nine months of the year declined 1.5 percent from a year ago to 2.17 million passengers, the airport reported.
The airport handled 221,451 passengers in September, a drop of 40,969 passengers from August, and a decline of 12,920 passengers in September 2011.
Freight handled by the airport declined 8 percent in September, compared to September 2011. But the amount of freight going through the airport increased almost 5 percent for the first nine months of the year compared to the same time last year to 7,377 tons.
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat