Voters who haven't cast their early votes still have time. Early voting ends on Saturday, but voters who don't make it to the polls by Saturday, still have one final opportunity on Tuesday when the general election takes place.
Polls will open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. All voting precincts in the county will be open on Tuesday.
Some races of interest to local voters include the races for County Commissioner County-Wide and County Commissioner District 1 seat.
There are three seats up for grabs in the county commissioner's county-wide race and four candidates vying for those seats. The top three vote-getters will be seated on the board. Those seeking election are incumbent Democrat Jimmie Smith, incumbent Republican Billy Ray Pait. They are joined by Democrats Leon Dowless and Mike Cogdell.
Also facing opposition for the County Commissioner District 1 seat is incumbent Democrat Delilah Blanks. She is facing opposition from Republican Bryan Martin.
Other contested races Bladen County residents are watching closely include:
-- North Carolina governor: Republican Pat McCroy, Democrat Walter Dalton and Libertarian Barbara Howe.
-- N.C. House District 46: incumbent Republican G. L. Pridgen faces opposition from Democrat Ken Waddell.
-- N.C. Senate District 8: incumbent Republican Bill Rabon faces opposition from Democrat Danny Hefner.
-- U.S. House District 7 race: incumbent Democrat Mike McIntyre faces opposition from Republican David Rouzer.
There are other candidates who will be running unopposed in the county. They include: Ophelia Munn-Goins who is unopposed for her County Board of Education District 1 seat; Wilbur Smith Jr. is unopposed for his Bladen County Board of Education District 2 seat; Daniel Dowless is unopposed for his County Commissioner District 2 seat; newcomer Wayne Edge is unopposed for the County Commissioner District 3 seat; Bonnell Walker is unopposed for her
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise