"American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, N.C., were halted for a day after Nicki Minaj verbally abused her fellow judge Mariah Carey, TMZ reported.
The divas joined the show this season, along with country star Keith Urban. Original "Idol" judge Randy Jackson is the fourth member of the panel.
TMZ said Minaj was heard shouting Tuesday, "I'm gonna knock you out," in an expletive-ridden tirade at Carey. Minaj was also recorded calling the multiple Grammy Award winner "her [expletive] highness over there."
Urban was sitting between the divas at the judges' table at the time of the confrontation, which was sparked by a disagreement over a contestant's performance, TMZ said.
Jackson, who was sitting at the end of the table, tried to quell the disturbance, telling the women, "Settle down, settle down," while Urban threw up his hands in apparent resignation.
Carey is also speaking during the incident, but what she said couldn't be heard, the celebrity news website reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits