Lark Voorhies' mother says the U.S. actress has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the former "Saved by the Bell" star denies she is mentally ill.
People.com reported Wednesday it conducted a series of interviews with Voorhies, 38, during which she frequently stopped mid-sentence, stared off into space and mumbled to herself.
Asked by the magazine about her odd behavior, Voorhies insisted: "I have a strong spiritual sense. ... You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
Her mother, Tricia, who lives with her in Pasadena, Calif., said the actress has been diagnosed by doctors as mentally ill, but Voorhies told People.com she sees no need for treatment.
Voorhies played adorable Lisa Turtle on the sitcom from 1989-93. The high school-set series co-starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez. <
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women