Lark Voorhies' mother says the U.S. actress has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the former "Saved by the Bell" star denies she is mentally ill.
People.com reported Wednesday it conducted a series of interviews with Voorhies, 38, during which she frequently stopped mid-sentence, stared off into space and mumbled to herself.
Asked by the magazine about her odd behavior, Voorhies insisted: "I have a strong spiritual sense. ... You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
Her mother, Tricia, who lives with her in Pasadena, Calif., said the actress has been diagnosed by doctors as mentally ill, but Voorhies told People.com she sees no need for treatment.
Voorhies played adorable Lisa Turtle on the sitcom from 1989-93. The high school-set series co-starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez. <
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia