Lark Voorhies' mother says the U.S. actress has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the former "Saved by the Bell" star denies she is mentally ill.
People.com reported Wednesday it conducted a series of interviews with Voorhies, 38, during which she frequently stopped mid-sentence, stared off into space and mumbled to herself.
Asked by the magazine about her odd behavior, Voorhies insisted: "I have a strong spiritual sense. ... You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
Her mother, Tricia, who lives with her in Pasadena, Calif., said the actress has been diagnosed by doctors as mentally ill, but Voorhies told People.com she sees no need for treatment.
Voorhies played adorable Lisa Turtle on the sitcom from 1989-93. The high school-set series co-starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez. <
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend