Lark Voorhies' mother says the U.S. actress has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the former "Saved by the Bell" star denies she is mentally ill.
People.com reported Wednesday it conducted a series of interviews with Voorhies, 38, during which she frequently stopped mid-sentence, stared off into space and mumbled to herself.
Asked by the magazine about her odd behavior, Voorhies insisted: "I have a strong spiritual sense. ... You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
Her mother, Tricia, who lives with her in Pasadena, Calif., said the actress has been diagnosed by doctors as mentally ill, but Voorhies told People.com she sees no need for treatment.
Voorhies played adorable Lisa Turtle on the sitcom from 1989-93. The high school-set series co-starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez. <
Most Popular Stories
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox