NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/29/12 -- SPG Solar, a leading provider of commercial solar power products and services, today announced two new executive team members. Effective immediately, John Tomaszewski will serve as SPG Solar's senior vice president of operations and customer service and warranty, and Soren Jensen will take on the role of director of engineering.
"Our focus is on making solar an easy choice by delivering commercial solar services and products that provide both immediate savings and a great long-term energy solution," said SPG Solar CEO Doug May. "To achieve this goal, SPG Solar's engineering and operations organizations must be world-class. John's track record of excellence in operations, coupled with Soren's demonstrated expertise in engineering best-in-class solar products will further enhance our ability to serve as a leader in the commercial and utility-scale solar space."
John Tomaszewski brings forward extensive experience in operations and supply chain strategy with almost two decades working with OEM and Tier 1-3 suppliers to define operational strategies and drive execution. Most recently, as president for NaviAsia North America and China, Tomaszewski established a global supply chain and operations to support OEM international customers in Asia. He also leverages past experience gleaned from executive positions in a number of industries, including consumer products, high tech, automotive, and energy. A graduate of the University of Illinois, Tomaszewski also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Soren Jensen brings over 15 years of product development experience from the high tech and renewable energy fields. Prior to joining SPG Solar, Jensen managed the ground mount product development team at SunPower, where he was responsible for the design and development of the Oasis "Power Plant in a Box" product, a standardized utility-scale solar solution optimized to deliver the lowest Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE). Jensen's experience also comprises a decade with development and commercialization of instrumentation for process control for the primary steel manufacturing and cement industry. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from The Engineering Academy of Denmark and a Master of Science degree in ocean engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
About SPG Solar
SPG Solar is a leading national provider of solar power services and products. Since 2001, SPG Solar has been designing, engineering, building and maintaining high-quality solar power systems for large commercial, industrial, governmental and public energy users. SPG Solar provides customers solar at a lower cost with a higher solar output through the All Weather SunSeeker Tracker, a single-axis tracker that produces up to 25 percent more solar energy in all weather conditions. For more information about SPG Solar, visit www.spgsolar.com
Most Popular Stories
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- Sex as a battlefield ; Although his fiction is at times overwhelmed by descriptions of women's bodies, James Salter is capable of a simmering, near- biblical intensity. His new novel does not do justice to his art
- The perfect children's film: a Western with aliens, Moses and true love ; Few things inspire children more than movies, so what are the favourite childhood films of actors, directors and producers at the Cinemagic festival?
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Top 10 concerts from Sands Event Center's first year
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience
- Local comedians carve own path to fame with Valley-wide circuit
- BRIEF: Carole King to be honored with Obama-hosted show, Gershwin Prize
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically