A prowler was shot with a stun gun and arrested at Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills, Calif., home but the Hollywood film star wasn't there at the time, police said.
"Upon arrival, officers contacted a lone male suspect who was attempting to leave the location. The suspect had been previously detained by a security officer, who was on duty at the residence and had observed the suspect climbing a fence to gain access to the property," the police department said in a statement issued to the Los Angeles Times Sunday night.
The prowler, who was not identified to the newspaper, was arrested and taken to a hospital where he was examined because the security guard hit him with a stun gun before police arrived.
No other details regarding the incident were immediately available.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better