A prowler was shot with a stun gun and arrested at Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills, Calif., home but the Hollywood film star wasn't there at the time, police said.
"Upon arrival, officers contacted a lone male suspect who was attempting to leave the location. The suspect had been previously detained by a security officer, who was on duty at the residence and had observed the suspect climbing a fence to gain access to the property," the police department said in a statement issued to the Los Angeles Times Sunday night.
The prowler, who was not identified to the newspaper, was arrested and taken to a hospital where he was examined because the security guard hit him with a stun gun before police arrived.
No other details regarding the incident were immediately available.
Most Popular Stories
- Menendez Introduces Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Clarke Replaces Perez at Eastman Kodak
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez