A prowler was shot with a stun gun and arrested at Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills, Calif., home but the Hollywood film star wasn't there at the time, police said.
"Upon arrival, officers contacted a lone male suspect who was attempting to leave the location. The suspect had been previously detained by a security officer, who was on duty at the residence and had observed the suspect climbing a fence to gain access to the property," the police department said in a statement issued to the Los Angeles Times Sunday night.
The prowler, who was not identified to the newspaper, was arrested and taken to a hospital where he was examined because the security guard hit him with a stun gun before police arrived.
No other details regarding the incident were immediately available.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal