A prowler was shot with a stun gun and arrested at Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills, Calif., home but the Hollywood film star wasn't there at the time, police said.
"Upon arrival, officers contacted a lone male suspect who was attempting to leave the location. The suspect had been previously detained by a security officer, who was on duty at the residence and had observed the suspect climbing a fence to gain access to the property," the police department said in a statement issued to the Los Angeles Times Sunday night.
The prowler, who was not identified to the newspaper, was arrested and taken to a hospital where he was examined because the security guard hit him with a stun gun before police arrived.
No other details regarding the incident were immediately available.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona