A British retailer leaked an image and details of Google's new flagship Nexus 4 smartphone ahead of the product's scheduled unveiling, tech watchers report.
The website of Carphone Warehouse briefly displayed a page offering the LG Nexus 4's specifications and pricing before the page was taken down, The Daily Telegraph reported.
The web page said the Nexus 4 -- expected to be the centerpiece of a Google event in New York Monday -- will have a 4.7-inch screen with density of 320 pixels per inch, just shy of the iPhone 5's 326, and run a quad-core 1.5 gigahertz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The screen size suggests the Nexus handset will be roughly the same size as it main competition, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X devices.
Carphone Warehouse issued a statement saying: "Unfortunately a pre-order page for a new handset that we plan to range went live prematurely. We've now rectified this and apologize for any confusion caused."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say