A British retailer leaked an image and details of Google's new flagship Nexus 4 smartphone ahead of the product's scheduled unveiling, tech watchers report.
The website of Carphone Warehouse briefly displayed a page offering the LG Nexus 4's specifications and pricing before the page was taken down, The Daily Telegraph reported.
The web page said the Nexus 4 -- expected to be the centerpiece of a Google event in New York Monday -- will have a 4.7-inch screen with density of 320 pixels per inch, just shy of the iPhone 5's 326, and run a quad-core 1.5 gigahertz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The screen size suggests the Nexus handset will be roughly the same size as it main competition, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X devices.
Carphone Warehouse issued a statement saying: "Unfortunately a pre-order page for a new handset that we plan to range went live prematurely. We've now rectified this and apologize for any confusion caused."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence