R&B singer and "Bring It On" actress Natina Reed has died after being struck by a car near Atlanta, police said.
E! News quoted a press release from the Gwinnett Police Department that said Reed was walking Friday in the Atlanta suburb of Lilburn when she was struck by a vehicle.
"The driver of the vehicle contacted 911 to request assistance," the press release states. "Natina Reed was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center at 10:59 p.m. EST.
"Preliminary information indicates that Reed was in the roadway on Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road when struck," the release continued.
The driver "was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."
Fellow members is Reed's R&B group Blaque released a joint statement Saturday.
"We are devastated by the loss of our group member, sister and friend Natina Reed. ... Natina continuously embodied the pioneering spirit of Blaque and her undeniable creativity touched the hearts of fans everywhere. Natina was a mother, sister, accomplished songwriter, artist and friend," the release from Brandi Williams and Shamari Fears-DeVoe said.
Reed was a protege of TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, who died at age 30 in 2002 in a car crash in Honduras, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Reed is survived by a 10-year-old son she shared with rapper Kurupt.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays