British-born actress Elizabeth Taylor is No. 1 on Forbes' list of top-earning dead celebrities, earning $210 million in 2012.
Coming in at No. 2 on the roster is pop music icon Michael Jackson with $145 million, followed by rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley with $55 million at No. 3, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz at No. 4 with $37 million and reggae great Bob Marley at No. 5 with $17 million.
Rounding out the top tier are singer-songwriter John Lennon at No. 6 with $12 million, actress Marilyn Monroe and scientist Albert Einstein at No. 7 with $10 million, children's book author Theodore Geisel -- known as Dr. Seuss -- at No. 9 with $9 million and actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion