British-born actress Elizabeth Taylor is No. 1 on Forbes' list of top-earning dead celebrities, earning $210 million in 2012.
Coming in at No. 2 on the roster is pop music icon Michael Jackson with $145 million, followed by rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley with $55 million at No. 3, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz at No. 4 with $37 million and reggae great Bob Marley at No. 5 with $17 million.
Rounding out the top tier are singer-songwriter John Lennon at No. 6 with $12 million, actress Marilyn Monroe and scientist Albert Einstein at No. 7 with $10 million, children's book author Theodore Geisel -- known as Dr. Seuss -- at No. 9 with $9 million and actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave