British-born actress Elizabeth Taylor is No. 1 on Forbes' list of top-earning dead celebrities, earning $210 million in 2012.
Coming in at No. 2 on the roster is pop music icon Michael Jackson with $145 million, followed by rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley with $55 million at No. 3, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz at No. 4 with $37 million and reggae great Bob Marley at No. 5 with $17 million.
Rounding out the top tier are singer-songwriter John Lennon at No. 6 with $12 million, actress Marilyn Monroe and scientist Albert Einstein at No. 7 with $10 million, children's book author Theodore Geisel -- known as Dr. Seuss -- at No. 9 with $9 million and actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle