British-born actress Elizabeth Taylor is No. 1 on Forbes' list of top-earning dead celebrities, earning $210 million in 2012.
Coming in at No. 2 on the roster is pop music icon Michael Jackson with $145 million, followed by rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley with $55 million at No. 3, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz at No. 4 with $37 million and reggae great Bob Marley at No. 5 with $17 million.
Rounding out the top tier are singer-songwriter John Lennon at No. 6 with $12 million, actress Marilyn Monroe and scientist Albert Einstein at No. 7 with $10 million, children's book author Theodore Geisel -- known as Dr. Seuss -- at No. 9 with $9 million and actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya