British-born actress Elizabeth Taylor is No. 1 on Forbes' list of top-earning dead celebrities, earning $210 million in 2012.
Coming in at No. 2 on the roster is pop music icon Michael Jackson with $145 million, followed by rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley with $55 million at No. 3, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz at No. 4 with $37 million and reggae great Bob Marley at No. 5 with $17 million.
Rounding out the top tier are singer-songwriter John Lennon at No. 6 with $12 million, actress Marilyn Monroe and scientist Albert Einstein at No. 7 with $10 million, children's book author Theodore Geisel -- known as Dr. Seuss -- at No. 9 with $9 million and actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women