MISSION, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 10/25/12 -- (Family Features) Any parent can tell you -- getting kids to eat well-balanced, wholesome meals is tough, and many parents end up purchasing foods their children favor over well-balanced options. But with a little planning and creativity, you can ensure your child will eat foods you can feel good about serving throughout the day.
1. Get creative with sandwiches - Sandwiches are a great way to ensure your child gets some much-needed vitamins and nutrients. Just add fruits such as sliced green apples or pears to grilled cheese sandwiches on whole grain bread, or banana slices to peanut butter sandwiches. Then add some fun to your child's lunch by using cookie cutters to cut your child's sandwiches into shapes such as stars, hearts, flowers, trucks and more.
2. Look for kid-friendly, flavorful foods with good nutrition - Some foods do double-duty - boasting kid-friendly flavors, as well as good nutrition. For example, V8 V-Fusion juice drink boxes boast the fruity and refreshing taste kids love and the nutritional value moms prefer. Each juice box provides a combined serving of vegetables and fruit (1/4 cup of vegetables and 1/4 cup of fruit) and is free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and added sugars.
3. Pureed vegetables pack in power - Most kids aren't crazy about vegetables, but incorporating a few into your child's favorite meals can help. Pureed cauliflower blends seamlessly with mashed potatoes or chicken Alfredo, and pureed carrots fly under the radar in pasta sauce or macaroni and cheese.
4. Greek yogurt makes for tasty dips - If your child is hesitant when it comes to eating sliced fruits -- or even baked chicken tenders -- consider mixing up a Greek yogurt and honey dipping sauce. The sweetness of the sauce will entice them to try new foods, plus you're adding calcium and protein to their diet in the process.
For more ideas to help you entice your kids to eat wholesome meals, visit www.campbellnutrition.com.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2132566
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007