Goya Foods, America's largest Hispanic-owned food company, along with individual employees of the company donated over $28,000 to the American Cancer Society and joined thousands at the organization's annual walk at Liberty State Park in Jersey City on Sunday.
Goya has been a continued supporter of the American Cancer Society since 2006, donating close to a total of $100,000. "Each year we've donated to the American Cancer Society and will continue to support the organization's efforts in helping to eliminate cancer as a major health issue in the United States," says Bob Unanue, president of Goya Foods.
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, helping people get well and finding cures to fight back. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the A.C.S has millions of supporters across the nation, 12 chartered Divisions, more than 900 local offices nationwide, and a presence in more than 5,100 communities. www.cancer.org
For more information about Goya Foods, please visit www.goya.com
Founded in 1936, Goya Foods Inc. is America's largest Hispanic-owned food company, and has established itself as the leader in Latin American food and condiments. Goya manufactures packages and distributes more than 2,200 food products from the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America that have their roots in the culinary traditions of Hispanic communities around the world.
Most Popular Stories
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- North Korea Frees 85-Year-Old Vet Merrill Newman
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court