Daily early voting totals in Georgia pushed beyond 688,000 in the past 24 hours for the upcoming general election, according to numbers compiled Thursday by the Secretary of State's Office. Here are the counts, plus what you need to know about heading to the polls before Election Day.
GENERAL STATEWIDE TURNOUT
Number of ballots cast: 688,388
Number of ballots voted in person: 568,057
Number of mail-in ballots returned: 120,331
Number of mail-in ballots outstanding: 97,413
TOP FIVE COUNTIES WITH HIGHEST TURNOUT
WHERE TO VOTE EARLY
Any voter registered in Georgia can vote early. Personalized polling locations and times can be found via the Georgia secretary of state's website (www.sos.ga.gov/mvp). Each county or municipality has at least one early-voting site open. Starting next week, counties especially in metro Atlanta will increase their early-voting sites and extend hours. All will have a limited number of polls open Saturday, which is a mandatory early-voting day. Election Day is Nov. 6.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
Georgia requires voters to show photo identification when they vote in person. Approved forms of identification include a Georgia driver's license, even if it's expired; a valid U.S. passport; and a valid U.S. military photo ID. The state also offers a free voter ID card, which can be issued at any county registrar's office or through the state Department of Driver Services.
TELL US WHY YOU VOTED
Are you an early voter? Tell us why you participated in the Nov. 6 election. Take a photo of yourself featuring your answer, then send it one of these ways:
1. Email your photo to email@example.com with "Why I Voted" in the subject field
2. Tweet your photo to @ajc with the hashtag #whyivoted
3. Upload your photo or video from your computer at share.ajc.com
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects