Tina and Joe Simpson, the parents of U.S. singers Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, confirmed Wednesday they have separated and plan to divorce.
The couple have been married for 35 years and appeared on their daughters' TV reality shows "Newlyweds" and "The Ashlee Simpson Show."
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
"Entertainment Tonight" said Tina filed for divorce Sept. 24 in Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects