Tina and Joe Simpson, the parents of U.S. singers Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, confirmed Wednesday they have separated and plan to divorce.
The couple have been married for 35 years and appeared on their daughters' TV reality shows "Newlyweds" and "The Ashlee Simpson Show."
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
"Entertainment Tonight" said Tina filed for divorce Sept. 24 in Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go