Tina and Joe Simpson, the parents of U.S. singers Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, confirmed Wednesday they have separated and plan to divorce.
The couple have been married for 35 years and appeared on their daughters' TV reality shows "Newlyweds" and "The Ashlee Simpson Show."
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
"Entertainment Tonight" said Tina filed for divorce Sept. 24 in Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia