Tina and Joe Simpson, the parents of U.S. singers Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, confirmed Wednesday they have separated and plan to divorce.
The couple have been married for 35 years and appeared on their daughters' TV reality shows "Newlyweds" and "The Ashlee Simpson Show."
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
"Entertainment Tonight" said Tina filed for divorce Sept. 24 in Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court