Tina and Joe Simpson, the parents of U.S. singers Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, confirmed Wednesday they have separated and plan to divorce.
The couple have been married for 35 years and appeared on their daughters' TV reality shows "Newlyweds" and "The Ashlee Simpson Show."
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
"Entertainment Tonight" said Tina filed for divorce Sept. 24 in Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones