Denny's restaurant chain says it plans to offer menu items inspired by the movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in its U.S. diners next month.
Starting Nov. 6, customers will be able to feast on 11 new breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes including the "Hobbit Hole Breakfast," "Frodo's Pot Roast Skillet" and "Build Your Own Hobbit Slam," which includes new limited time holiday favorites such as "Pumpkin Patch Pancakes," "Shire Sausage," and "Seed Cake French Toast."
"We are delighted to partner with Warner Bros. Pictures to bring the captivating spirit of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' to life in our diners nationwide," Frances Allen, chief marketing officer of Denny's Corp., said in a statement Wednesday. "We were inspired by the imaginative world of Middle-earth and wanted to offer fellow fans an equally inspired food experience to share in the excitement and anticipation for the upcoming debut."
Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the first installment in a three-movie series. It is set for release Dec. 14.
"The Hobbit" films are prequels to Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" blockbuster trilogy. All six movies are based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President