Denny's restaurant chain says it plans to offer menu items inspired by the movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in its U.S. diners next month.
Starting Nov. 6, customers will be able to feast on 11 new breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes including the "Hobbit Hole Breakfast," "Frodo's Pot Roast Skillet" and "Build Your Own Hobbit Slam," which includes new limited time holiday favorites such as "Pumpkin Patch Pancakes," "Shire Sausage," and "Seed Cake French Toast."
"We are delighted to partner with Warner Bros. Pictures to bring the captivating spirit of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' to life in our diners nationwide," Frances Allen, chief marketing officer of Denny's Corp., said in a statement Wednesday. "We were inspired by the imaginative world of Middle-earth and wanted to offer fellow fans an equally inspired food experience to share in the excitement and anticipation for the upcoming debut."
Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the first installment in a three-movie series. It is set for release Dec. 14.
"The Hobbit" films are prequels to Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" blockbuster trilogy. All six movies are based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad