Denny's restaurant chain says it plans to offer menu items inspired by the movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in its U.S. diners next month.
Starting Nov. 6, customers will be able to feast on 11 new breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes including the "Hobbit Hole Breakfast," "Frodo's Pot Roast Skillet" and "Build Your Own Hobbit Slam," which includes new limited time holiday favorites such as "Pumpkin Patch Pancakes," "Shire Sausage," and "Seed Cake French Toast."
"We are delighted to partner with Warner Bros. Pictures to bring the captivating spirit of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' to life in our diners nationwide," Frances Allen, chief marketing officer of Denny's Corp., said in a statement Wednesday. "We were inspired by the imaginative world of Middle-earth and wanted to offer fellow fans an equally inspired food experience to share in the excitement and anticipation for the upcoming debut."
Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the first installment in a three-movie series. It is set for release Dec. 14.
"The Hobbit" films are prequels to Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" blockbuster trilogy. All six movies are based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'