A Dutch court ruled against Apple on Wednesday,
the latest verdict in an ongoing series of patent lawsuits against
rival electronics manufacturer Samsung.
The American technology company had sued to halt sales of the Samsung Galaxy product line in the Netherlands, arguing that the devices' touch screens infringed on Apple patents.
But judge Peter Blok ruled that Samsung had employed sufficiently different technology in their screens.
Similar lawsuits in Britain and Germany were also decided in favour of the South Korean company.
The verdict was announced one day after Apple introduced new products, including the iPad mini tablet and updated versions of many of their personal computers.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'