Solar Roast Coffee wants to give local investors the first chance to share in the company's dream of expanding beyond Pueblo, Colo.
The coffee maker and cafe operator will host a public meeting to outline its investment and franchise opportunities at 3 p.m. Friday at the Robert Hoag Rawlings Public Library, 100 E. Abriendo Ave.
The public is invited to participate in "ground-level investment opportunities," prior to the company going national with its search for investors, the owners said in a statement.
In ramping up its expansion plans, the company is working with International Franchise Solutions and Franchise Growth Systems 360, a company that specializes in green industries.
Solar Roast currently makes its solar-roasted coffee inhouse, runs a wholesale supply business, operates a Downtown restaurant and a Pueblo drivethrough site; and partners on a Denver food truck.
The company's goals include the opening of a large manufacturing plant in Pueblo and an expansion of its coffee sales and Solar Roast-themed cafes, company spokeswoman Lisa Becker said.
Already, tentative talks are under way about the possibility of opening two franchises in the Denver area. "It could be as soon as six months," she said.
Solar Roast Coffee is a family-owned business led by brothers Michael and David Hartkop. More recently, Becker joined as a partner, including assisting with the food operations.
Solar Roast Coffee has been featured in the pages of Food Network Magazine, Popular Science, Costco Connections and a recent television program on PBS.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits