Puerto Rican actress Rosie Perez stars in a new video in which she addresses presidential candidate Mitt Romney's now-famous remark about his father: "Had he been born of Mexican parents, I would have a better shot at winning this."
Schlep Labs, a project of the pro-Obama Super PAC, Jewish Council for Education & Research (www.jcer.info), has created a YouTube channel where they have uploaded multiple videos featuring "creative people" essentially endorsing Obama.
Perez addresses this comment in the first video of the "Actually..." series, which was uploaded on Oct. 14.
This one is titled, "Easier as a Latino? Actually... " and so far it has garnered about 664,000 views.
"All you have to do is look at the statistics and Mitt's point becomes crystal clear," she says. "Hispanics represent 17 percent of the population and account for less than 2 percent of all elected and appointed officials. The advantage is obvious."
Actually.org also features videos by comedians Sarah Silverman, Walter Kamau Bell and Lizz Winstead.
"Think of all our Hispanic American presidents," Perez says. "from Jorge Washington, Jorge Bush -- uno y dos, and who can forget Presidente Jimmy Smith -- Boricua!"
Perez continues, "Being Latino wouldn't win you the election, but saying jokingly that you wish you were might actually lose a few."
Watch Perez's video in its entirety below:
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO