Denver fast food chain Smashburger said its poll indicates U.S. adults would rather have a burger with President Barack Obama than Mitt Romney.
Smashburger said the online poll of 2,094 adults, conducted Oct. 11-15 by Harris Interactive, found 59 percent of respondents would rather have a burger with the Democratic president than the Republican challenger, with 64 percent of voters between the ages of 18 and 34 choosing Obama and 54 percent of voters more than 55 giving the same response.
The survey also asked respondents with which former president they would most like to enjoy a burger and 22 percent chose Bill Clinton while 15 percent picked Abraham Lincoln. John F. Kennedy and Ronald Regan each received burger date interest from 14 percent of respondents and Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and Theodore Roosevelt each received 5 percent. Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush were each picked by 4 percent of respondents as ideal presidential burger buddies.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight