Conservative commentator Ann Coulter was tweeting during the entire debate.
Calling it boring, talking about popping No-Doze to stay awake, and how all Obama wants to do is hire teachers.
But then Coulter may have taken it too far in one of her last tweets of the evening -- she called the president of the United States retarded.
"I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard," Coulter tweeted at about 9 p.m. Pacific time.
The 50-year-old author and syndicated columnist has described herself as a polemicist who likes to stir up the pot, so this comment is not far from her reputation.
She is, however, getting flack from the Twitterverse, and according to the Hollwood Reporter, fellow conservative Michelle Malkin also was dissappointed in Coulter: "What a stupid, shallow thing to say, Ann."
Related story:"Robert De Niro Joke Rubs Gingrich the Wrong Way "
Here are other comments made by people who felt Coulter's comment was inappropriate:
@PaulyDavid: @AnnCoulter and how exciting for your fans with loved ones who are mentally handicapped! SHOUT OUT!
@thomharp: @AnnCoulter Honestly, this is the most disgraceful thing I've ever read on the Internet or anywhere. Shame on you.
@bynkii: @hemantmehta there's a lot of money in pissing people off
@sign4baby: @AnnCoulter are you for real with this comment? I sure hope you are smart enough to have a PR person who fixes this. #badchoice
Others, however, are on Coulter's side. She had 2,880 retweets of the comment, and 1,164 favorited it.
What are your thoughts? Did she go too far? Or is this freedom of speech in full effect?
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool