MEXICALI, Mexico, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- During the celebration of half a century of history, CETYS University System in Baja California, Mexico, received the official certificate of Accreditation conferred by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121022/MX96277 )
The event marked the first time that WASC, which accredits U.S. universities in California, grants accreditation to an institution of higher education based outside the US. CETYS is only the 5th university in Mexico and 7th in Latin America accredited in the United States.
Dr. Fernando Leon Garcia, President of CETYS, received the certificate presented by Dr. Richard Osborn, Vice President of WASC, during a ceremony held in the Auditorium of the CETYS Mexicali Campus on September 20th.
WASC's Vice President stressed that CETYS has been one of the most inspiring places he has visited in his years in the accrediting agency. "CETYS has exceeded all expectations of what WASC perceived early in the process, to the point that our Committee has just voted to expand our openness to international accreditation, based in part on the success of our visits to the university", said Osborn.
Meanwhile, President Leon Garcia stressed that the certificate is the result of over seven years of effort and dedication. "Beyond certification and recognition, WASC Accreditation is a commitment to continuously improve our quality education, fostering a culture of evidence and results, not only at a local, but a global context", he said.
CETYS University is one of the top private, not for profit universities in Mexico. Founded in 1961 by business and community leaders in Baja California, CETYS has evolved into a highly internationalized multi-campus system established in Mexicali, Tijuana, and Ensenada, with 6,000 students in more than twenty undergraduate and graduate programs in Business, Engineering, and the Behavioral Sciences.
SOURCE CETYS University
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women