Birdeez, a location-based iPhone app for identifying birds, launched at the DEMO Fall 2012 conference in Santa Clara and received a DEMOgod award.
DEMO is world-renowned for launching the most innovative products in mobile, social media and disruptive technologies.
Birdeez received the award for its innovative product and presentation.
The iPhone app Birdeez is used to identify birds, then collect and share bird sightings.
EcoLek, the maker of Birdeez, has been incubating at Ventura Ventures Technology Center since its win at UC Santa Barbara's New Venture Competition in May.
For more information on Birdeez, visit http://www.GetBirdeez.com.
For more information on Ventura Ventures Technology Center, go to http://www.v2tc.com.
To share news about your company or business-related organization, email dpeschka@VCStar.com. If there is an event involved, please email the information at least three weeks in advance of the event.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits