Brindisi/Los Angeles (dpa) - Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel got married Friday in the Italian town of
Fasano, the couple announced.
"It's great to be married. The ceremony was beautiful and it was so special to be surrounded by our family and friends," the couple told People magazine in a statement Friday.
The mayor of Fasano, Lello di Bari, told dpa that Timberlake and Biel had been celebrating in the town for the past week. US media had reported this week about rumours of a dream wedding. Di Bari said there was quite a stir over the couple, but everything remained under control in the town. The party was expected to last through Sunday, di Bari said.
Fasano is a favourite venue for weddings, and has hosted the weddings of many prominent people, he said, adding that the number of guests was about 150. A private company was hired to handle security. He said he believed the couple had already got their marriage license in the US.
Timberlake, 31, and Biel, 30, got engaged in December after dating on and off since 2007.
Timberlake is a top selling music star who rose to fame as part of the boy band N'Sync and who has also garnered considerable success as a movie actor with roles in films like The Social Network and Trouble With the Curve. Biel's movies include Total Recall, The Illusionist and Blade: Trinity.
According to US entertainment website Eonline.com Jimmy Fallon, Andy Samberg, Timbaland and other celebrities attended the celebrations. US media also reported that bright lights were used to prevent papparazzi taking pictures.
The reports said the festivities began with fireworks set off on the beach on Wednesday and a welcome cocktail at a villa. The guests were taken to a cave-like location where they ate olives and cheese and drank wine.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women