Google has unveiled its latest Chromebook -- a thin, light, Samsung-built laptop priced at $250.
The computer was revealed and made available for pre-order Thursday, and officially goes on sale Monday, Wired reported.
Sundar Pichai, who oversees Google's Chrome browser, OS and product teams, called it "the best laptop that's ever been designed at this price."
"We assume that you have a Windows machine in your home, or maybe a Mac," Pichai said. "This isn't built to replace those machines but instead be an additional computer."
The new Chromebook has a full-sized keyboard and trackpad and an 11.6-inch matte display. It weighs 2.5 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets