Google has unveiled its latest Chromebook -- a thin, light, Samsung-built laptop priced at $250.
The computer was revealed and made available for pre-order Thursday, and officially goes on sale Monday, Wired reported.
Sundar Pichai, who oversees Google's Chrome browser, OS and product teams, called it "the best laptop that's ever been designed at this price."
"We assume that you have a Windows machine in your home, or maybe a Mac," Pichai said. "This isn't built to replace those machines but instead be an additional computer."
The new Chromebook has a full-sized keyboard and trackpad and an 11.6-inch matte display. It weighs 2.5 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries