Google has unveiled its latest Chromebook -- a thin, light, Samsung-built laptop priced at $250.
The computer was revealed and made available for pre-order Thursday, and officially goes on sale Monday, Wired reported.
Sundar Pichai, who oversees Google's Chrome browser, OS and product teams, called it "the best laptop that's ever been designed at this price."
"We assume that you have a Windows machine in your home, or maybe a Mac," Pichai said. "This isn't built to replace those machines but instead be an additional computer."
The new Chromebook has a full-sized keyboard and trackpad and an 11.6-inch matte display. It weighs 2.5 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels