Google has unveiled its latest Chromebook -- a thin, light, Samsung-built laptop priced at $250.
The computer was revealed and made available for pre-order Thursday, and officially goes on sale Monday, Wired reported.
Sundar Pichai, who oversees Google's Chrome browser, OS and product teams, called it "the best laptop that's ever been designed at this price."
"We assume that you have a Windows machine in your home, or maybe a Mac," Pichai said. "This isn't built to replace those machines but instead be an additional computer."
The new Chromebook has a full-sized keyboard and trackpad and an 11.6-inch matte display. It weighs 2.5 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women