Google has unveiled its latest Chromebook -- a thin, light, Samsung-built laptop priced at $250.
The computer was revealed and made available for pre-order Thursday, and officially goes on sale Monday, Wired reported.
Sundar Pichai, who oversees Google's Chrome browser, OS and product teams, called it "the best laptop that's ever been designed at this price."
"We assume that you have a Windows machine in your home, or maybe a Mac," Pichai said. "This isn't built to replace those machines but instead be an additional computer."
The new Chromebook has a full-sized keyboard and trackpad and an 11.6-inch matte display. It weighs 2.5 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac