SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- The following is a statement from the Rev. Samuel Rodriguez:
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120912/CL72800LOGO )
Recent studies published by Pew and others confirm the potential embedded in the Hispanic faith electorate. The finding from Pew published this past week indicates that Hispanic Evangelicals stand committed to an agenda that transcends traditional ideological parameters.
Accordingly, Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, a non-partisan leader who does not endorse candidates but advances what he defines as the Lamb's Agenda, issued the following statement:
"This election is critical. We want all Latino Christians to exercise their civic responsibility as an act of prophetic witness.
I encourage Latino Faith voters to coalesce around our core values of LIFE, FAMILY, RELIGIOUS LIBERTY, EDUCATION, POVERTY alleviation and IMMIGRATION REFORM.
Our commitment is to reconcile conviction with compassion, truth with love and righteousness with justice. At the end of the day our number one objective is to reconcile Billy Graham's message with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s march.
In doing so, we advance not the agenda of the Donkey or the Elephant BUT exclusively the agenda of the Lamb."
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez
National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Hispanic Evangelical Association
SOURCE National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006