Latino Faith Vote Could Determine Outcome of 2012 Election --> SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- The following is a statement from the Rev. Samuel Rodriguez:
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120912/CL72800LOGO )
Recent studies published by Pew and others confirm the potential embedded in the Hispanic faith electorate. The finding from Pew published this past week indicates that Hispanic Evangelicals stand committed to an agenda that transcends traditional ideological parameters.
Accordingly, Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, a non-partisan leader who does not endorse candidates but advances what he defines as the Lamb's Agenda, issued the following statement:
"This election is critical. We want all Latino Christians to exercise their civic responsibility as an act of prophetic witness.
I encourage Latino Faith voters to coalesce around our core values of LIFE, FAMILY, RELIGIOUS LIBERTY, EDUCATION, POVERTY alleviation and IMMIGRATION REFORM.
Our commitment is to reconcile conviction with compassion, truth with love and righteousness with justice. At the end of the day our number one objective is to reconcile Billy Graham's message with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s march.
In doing so, we advance not the agenda of the Donkey or the Elephant BUT exclusively the agenda of the Lamb."
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez
National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Hispanic Evangelical Association
SOURCE National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill