Samsung Electronics Co said Tuesday that it has filed a motion against Apple Inc in a US court to add the iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent litigation.
The South Korean company said it filed the motion Monday with a US District Court in northern California alleging that Apple's latest iPhone infringes on eight of its patents.
"Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition. Under these circumstances, we have little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights," Samsung said.
A US court lifted a temporary sales ban on Samsung Electronic's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer in the US.
The two leaders in the smartphone market have sued each other in 10 countries including the US, Britain, Australia and South Korea.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy