Samsung Electronics Co said Tuesday that it has filed a motion against Apple Inc in a US court to add the iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent litigation.
The South Korean company said it filed the motion Monday with a US District Court in northern California alleging that Apple's latest iPhone infringes on eight of its patents.
"Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition. Under these circumstances, we have little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights," Samsung said.
A US court lifted a temporary sales ban on Samsung Electronic's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer in the US.
The two leaders in the smartphone market have sued each other in 10 countries including the US, Britain, Australia and South Korea.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV