Samsung Electronics Co said Tuesday that it has filed a motion against Apple Inc in a US court to add the iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent litigation.
The South Korean company said it filed the motion Monday with a US District Court in northern California alleging that Apple's latest iPhone infringes on eight of its patents.
"Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition. Under these circumstances, we have little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights," Samsung said.
A US court lifted a temporary sales ban on Samsung Electronic's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer in the US.
The two leaders in the smartphone market have sued each other in 10 countries including the US, Britain, Australia and South Korea.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women