Samsung Electronics Co said Tuesday that it has filed a motion against Apple Inc in a US court to add the iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent litigation.
The South Korean company said it filed the motion Monday with a US District Court in northern California alleging that Apple's latest iPhone infringes on eight of its patents.
"Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition. Under these circumstances, we have little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights," Samsung said.
A US court lifted a temporary sales ban on Samsung Electronic's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer in the US.
The two leaders in the smartphone market have sued each other in 10 countries including the US, Britain, Australia and South Korea.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.