Looking to get advice from a style expert?
You may want to head to Macy's at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi on Saturday afternoon for some words of wisdom from Robbie Laughlin, host of the "Who Wore it Better" segment on E! News.
Laughlin will hold court at 1 p.m. Admission is free. Reservations aren't required. And if you want to try for some one-on-one time with him, arrive early to sign up for a chance for a private consultation.
Meanwhile, he's offering these words of wisdom:
"All women for fall need to have a go-to jacket, blazer. You can go with the classic grays and the charcoals and the camels."
"Everyone loves a trend, but if the trend isn't right for you then it's not going to be your friend..... For example, if mini-skirts are the trend and everyone has to have one but you don't have the legs for the mini-skirt, that is not going to be a good look for you. Get the length of skirt that is going to make you look your best."
"With coats, what I always like to do and say, not just for myself but for everybody else, 'Get coats that fit!' I'm not a huge fan of baggy coats that you can fit lots and lots of layers under because then you're just going to end up looking bulky."
Twelve Oaks Mall is located at I-96 and Novi Road in Novi. Info: 248-344-6800.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women