McDonald's saw profits fall in the third quarter
as unfavourable exchange rates and slower growth at US restaurants
weighed on the world's largest fast-food chain.
Profits fell by 3.5 per cent to 1.46 billion dollars, the Oak Park, Illinois-based company said. Revenue stagnated at 7.2 billion dollars.
Market conditions are expected to remain difficult, chief executive Don Thompson said, after profits also fell in the second quarter.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy