GENEVA, SWITZERLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/12 -- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd ("Mercuria") is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Marcus Lyu as Head of Hard Commodities Trading for Asia. Mr. Lyu joins from Noble Resources.
The establishment of the Hard Commodities team in Mercuria will bring together trading and risk management activities across Thermal Coal, Coking Coal & Coke, Iron Ore and Steel.
Mr. Lyu will be joined by the new Deputy Head of the Hard Commodities group Mr. Wei Jin who will also continue in his role as Thermal Coal trader. In a further new appointment, designed to reinforce and grow Mercuria's existing Iron Ore trading activities, a new Head of Iron Ore trading is announced as Mr. Tom (Zongchao) Qi. Tom joins Mercuria from MRI trading AG.
The new Hard Commodities team, located in Beijing, will mainly concentrate on trading flows into China and complement all of Mercuria's activities in the Asian region. To support the Hard Commodities trading team, a Marketing Division has also been created and will be headed by Mercuria staff, Angela Yijia Li.
Commenting on this new strategy, Mr. Jin Han, President of Mercuria Asia Group Holding Pte Ltd., said "Our intention is to continue to grow our footprint in Hard Commodities across Asia with emphasis on the China market. This new approach to our business is designed to have the greatest benefit in terms of service for our customers, by bringing together a number of related trading and investment activities. We are consolidating all these activities under the leadership of Marcus Lyu."
+41 22 595 88 55
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids