GENEVA, SWITZERLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/12 -- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd ("Mercuria") is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Marcus Lyu as Head of Hard Commodities Trading for Asia. Mr. Lyu joins from Noble Resources.
The establishment of the Hard Commodities team in Mercuria will bring together trading and risk management activities across Thermal Coal, Coking Coal & Coke, Iron Ore and Steel.
Mr. Lyu will be joined by the new Deputy Head of the Hard Commodities group Mr. Wei Jin who will also continue in his role as Thermal Coal trader. In a further new appointment, designed to reinforce and grow Mercuria's existing Iron Ore trading activities, a new Head of Iron Ore trading is announced as Mr. Tom (Zongchao) Qi. Tom joins Mercuria from MRI trading AG.
The new Hard Commodities team, located in Beijing, will mainly concentrate on trading flows into China and complement all of Mercuria's activities in the Asian region. To support the Hard Commodities trading team, a Marketing Division has also been created and will be headed by Mercuria staff, Angela Yijia Li.
Commenting on this new strategy, Mr. Jin Han, President of Mercuria Asia Group Holding Pte Ltd., said "Our intention is to continue to grow our footprint in Hard Commodities across Asia with emphasis on the China market. This new approach to our business is designed to have the greatest benefit in terms of service for our customers, by bringing together a number of related trading and investment activities. We are consolidating all these activities under the leadership of Marcus Lyu."
+41 22 595 88 55
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'