Crude oil prices eased back Thursday morning, slipping to less than $91 per barrel after stockpiles rose in the week ending Friday.
Crude oil inventory rose by 2.9 million barrels in the week, the U.S. Energy Information Administration said. Stocks reached 369.2 million barrels and are higher than the upper limit of the average range for this time of year.
The gain in supply put pressure on prices. November delivery West Texas Intermediate crude oil dropped $1.33 overnight to $190.79 on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Natural gas prices shed 1.4 cents to $3.4656 per million British thermal units. Home heating oil lost 2.65 cents to $3.1629 per gallon. Reformulated blendstock gasoline dropped 5.5 cents to $2.7092 per gallon.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.737 per gallon, down from Wednesday's $3.756, AAA reported.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column