PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/17/12 -- Dave Zinman, the new chief executive officer of Infolinks, will make his first speaking appearance for the company and explain why he believes the display advertising industry is broken at the Digiday Publishing Summit in Palm Beach, FL on October 23rd at the Four Seasons Resort.
As the former GM of Display at Yahoo! and co-inventor of the ad server, Zinman is extremely well versed in many sides of this debate and is looking forward to addressing the audience in Palm Beach later this month. "Display advertising is fundamentally broken due to the proliferation of irrelevant ads served up as tonnage to users and the homogenization of ad unit placement. As an industry, we are training people to ignore ads. I'm looking forward to a lively discussion and am coming prepared to discuss necessary solutions."
Digiday's Tech Talks are a series of rapid-fire presentations from digital media leaders who will present their solutions to an industry problem. During "A Cure for What Ails Display" Zinman will demonstrate solutions for publishers that for the first time bring the relevance of search to the scale of display.
According to Digiday, digital media has caused publishers, both large and small, to grapple with a constantly changing environment. This new direction has not only challenged the current business model and the old way of doing things but has also created new opportunities for those nimble enough. At the Digiday Publishing Summit, from October 21-23rd, leading digital publishers, old and new, will gather to discuss these challenges and opportunities in a vastly changed media landscape.
Infolinks is a global advertising company that makes sense of digital advertising for publishers, agencies and brands. Its In3 platform powers a suite of intent-based advertising products, including InFrame, InSearch, InTag and InText. The products overcome banner blindness to create new revenue opportunities for publishers, while improving results for advertisers. In3 powers the fourth largest publisher marketplace in the world, analyzing over one trillion words a month in real time and driving revenue for over 100,000 sites in 128 countries. Infolinks is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with R&D out of Tel Aviv, Israel. Visit Infolinks at www.infolinks.com, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Blast for Infolinks
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column