Juxta Labs today announced the launch of WordTag, an iOS and Facebook app that tests users' wits and creativity with a fun and social word-guessing game. Ranking as one of the top two word game apps in the United Kingdom and Canada, WordTag is suitable for social gamers of all ages.
To begin playing WordTag now, download the app from Apple's App Store or start a game on Facebook.
Getting started on WordTag is easy. Players are prompted to provide an opponent with clues for guessing a word using 120 characters or less. Users take turns describing and guessing words, gaining tokens and earning badges with correct answers. Once a WordTag game has begun, it is automatically saved and updated allowing users to switch from their Facebook account to their iOS device with ease.
"Mobile games are still fairly young and we believe a truly successful game must be both viral and intensely social," said Jared Allgood, CEO of Juxta Labs. "WordTag was designed to not only captivate players in a fun and interactive game, but also to add fun to their real lives by providing an intensely social experience that brings friends and communities closer together."
Players can unlock restricted words with keys they accumulate over time or use "TNT bombs" to eliminate nonessential letters for easier guessing. Badges such as the technology lover's "Gadget Badge" or the timely "US Politics Badge" are unlocked with correct guesses and earned once all included target words are successfully described.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham