Juxta Labs today announced the launch of WordTag, an iOS and Facebook app that tests users' wits and creativity with a fun and social word-guessing game. Ranking as one of the top two word game apps in the United Kingdom and Canada, WordTag is suitable for social gamers of all ages.
To begin playing WordTag now, download the app from Apple's App Store or start a game on Facebook.
Getting started on WordTag is easy. Players are prompted to provide an opponent with clues for guessing a word using 120 characters or less. Users take turns describing and guessing words, gaining tokens and earning badges with correct answers. Once a WordTag game has begun, it is automatically saved and updated allowing users to switch from their Facebook account to their iOS device with ease.
"Mobile games are still fairly young and we believe a truly successful game must be both viral and intensely social," said Jared Allgood, CEO of Juxta Labs. "WordTag was designed to not only captivate players in a fun and interactive game, but also to add fun to their real lives by providing an intensely social experience that brings friends and communities closer together."
Players can unlock restricted words with keys they accumulate over time or use "TNT bombs" to eliminate nonessential letters for easier guessing. Badges such as the technology lover's "Gadget Badge" or the timely "US Politics Badge" are unlocked with correct guesses and earned once all included target words are successfully described.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields