Juxta Labs today announced the launch of WordTag, an iOS and Facebook app that tests users' wits and creativity with a fun and social word-guessing game. Ranking as one of the top two word game apps in the United Kingdom and Canada, WordTag is suitable for social gamers of all ages.
To begin playing WordTag now, download the app from Apple's App Store or start a game on Facebook.
Getting started on WordTag is easy. Players are prompted to provide an opponent with clues for guessing a word using 120 characters or less. Users take turns describing and guessing words, gaining tokens and earning badges with correct answers. Once a WordTag game has begun, it is automatically saved and updated allowing users to switch from their Facebook account to their iOS device with ease.
"Mobile games are still fairly young and we believe a truly successful game must be both viral and intensely social," said Jared Allgood, CEO of Juxta Labs. "WordTag was designed to not only captivate players in a fun and interactive game, but also to add fun to their real lives by providing an intensely social experience that brings friends and communities closer together."
Players can unlock restricted words with keys they accumulate over time or use "TNT bombs" to eliminate nonessential letters for easier guessing. Badges such as the technology lover's "Gadget Badge" or the timely "US Politics Badge" are unlocked with correct guesses and earned once all included target words are successfully described.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List