Gold for December rose Tuesday on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange as the dollar index dropped 0.58 percent.
Gold closed at $1,749.10 per troy ounce and silver added 22 cents to $32.96.
The euro rose to $1.309 from Monday's $1.2949. The British pound rose to $1.6124 from $1.6071. The Canadian dollar fell to 98.65 cents, while the Australian dollar rose to $1.029 from $1.0254. The U.S. dollar rose to 7.7513 Hong Kong dollars from 7.7512.
Against the yen, the dollar rose to 78.89 yen from 78.66 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal