Gold for December rose Tuesday on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange as the dollar index dropped 0.58 percent.
Gold closed at $1,749.10 per troy ounce and silver added 22 cents to $32.96.
The euro rose to $1.309 from Monday's $1.2949. The British pound rose to $1.6124 from $1.6071. The Canadian dollar fell to 98.65 cents, while the Australian dollar rose to $1.029 from $1.0254. The U.S. dollar rose to 7.7513 Hong Kong dollars from 7.7512.
Against the yen, the dollar rose to 78.89 yen from 78.66 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet