Gold for December rose Tuesday on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange as the dollar index dropped 0.58 percent.
Gold closed at $1,749.10 per troy ounce and silver added 22 cents to $32.96.
The euro rose to $1.309 from Monday's $1.2949. The British pound rose to $1.6124 from $1.6071. The Canadian dollar fell to 98.65 cents, while the Australian dollar rose to $1.029 from $1.0254. The U.S. dollar rose to 7.7513 Hong Kong dollars from 7.7512.
Against the yen, the dollar rose to 78.89 yen from 78.66 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Economic Growth Boosts U.S. Futures
- The Costs of Repealing Obamacare
- BlackBerry Posts $4.4 Billion Quarterly Net Loss
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay