Gold for December rose Tuesday on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange as the dollar index dropped 0.58 percent.
Gold closed at $1,749.10 per troy ounce and silver added 22 cents to $32.96.
The euro rose to $1.309 from Monday's $1.2949. The British pound rose to $1.6124 from $1.6071. The Canadian dollar fell to 98.65 cents, while the Australian dollar rose to $1.029 from $1.0254. The U.S. dollar rose to 7.7513 Hong Kong dollars from 7.7512.
Against the yen, the dollar rose to 78.89 yen from 78.66 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women