U.S. Rep Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, recently honored 67 students for stellar scholastic performance at his fifth annual National Hispanic Heritage Month Outstanding Latino and Latina High School Student Recognition at the Chaffey Joint Union High School District Hill Auditorium.
Parents, relatives principals and counselors attended the ceremony to show support for the students, who attend over 30 public and private high schools in San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga.
Baca said he can relate to the struggles of many students who come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds.
Baca presented each of the high school seniors with certificates for their outstanding academic achievements, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him