U.S. Rep Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, recently honored 67 students for stellar scholastic performance at his fifth annual National Hispanic Heritage Month Outstanding Latino and Latina High School Student Recognition at the Chaffey Joint Union High School District Hill Auditorium.
Parents, relatives principals and counselors attended the ceremony to show support for the students, who attend over 30 public and private high schools in San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga.
Baca said he can relate to the struggles of many students who come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds.
Baca presented each of the high school seniors with certificates for their outstanding academic achievements, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction