U.S. Rep Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, recently honored 67 students for stellar scholastic performance at his fifth annual National Hispanic Heritage Month Outstanding Latino and Latina High School Student Recognition at the Chaffey Joint Union High School District Hill Auditorium.
Parents, relatives principals and counselors attended the ceremony to show support for the students, who attend over 30 public and private high schools in San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga.
Baca said he can relate to the struggles of many students who come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds.
Baca presented each of the high school seniors with certificates for their outstanding academic achievements, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others