U.S. Rep Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, recently honored 67 students for stellar scholastic performance at his fifth annual National Hispanic Heritage Month Outstanding Latino and Latina High School Student Recognition at the Chaffey Joint Union High School District Hill Auditorium.
Parents, relatives principals and counselors attended the ceremony to show support for the students, who attend over 30 public and private high schools in San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga.
Baca said he can relate to the struggles of many students who come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds.
Baca presented each of the high school seniors with certificates for their outstanding academic achievements, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site