Finding a clean, comfortable place to rest while on the road just got a little easier. Today, Motel 6 launched a booking application on Facebook, allowing customers to complete their reservation from start to finish without ever leaving the brand's Facebook page. Motel 6 is currently offering a ten percent off introductory rate for users of their booking engine on the social media network.
While travelers continue to rely upon the brand's toll-free number (1-800-4-Motel6) and website for reservations, application-based bookings have dramatically increased since Motel 6 launched its apps for iPhone and Android devices. Reservations through the Motel 6 app for iPhone jumped 65 percent for June through August 2012 versus the same period last year. The brand expects their Facebook booking application to be met with the same enthusiasm.
"We know our customers are looking for convenient ways to make their travel plans in-the-moment, whether on the road or while connecting with friends online," said Motel 6 chief marketing officer, Lance Miceli. "The addition of our Facebook application will be a strong addition to our suite of mobile booking apps. These distribution tools were designed to provide guests a seamless booking experience and have been incredibly well received, which can be seen by the revenue share the brand has captured. The Motel 6 Facebook booking engine will be supported with targeted advertising across the social network.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low