Finding a clean, comfortable place to rest while on the road just got a little easier. Today, Motel 6 launched a booking application on Facebook, allowing customers to complete their reservation from start to finish without ever leaving the brand's Facebook page. Motel 6 is currently offering a ten percent off introductory rate for users of their booking engine on the social media network.
While travelers continue to rely upon the brand's toll-free number (1-800-4-Motel6) and website for reservations, application-based bookings have dramatically increased since Motel 6 launched its apps for iPhone and Android devices. Reservations through the Motel 6 app for iPhone jumped 65 percent for June through August 2012 versus the same period last year. The brand expects their Facebook booking application to be met with the same enthusiasm.
"We know our customers are looking for convenient ways to make their travel plans in-the-moment, whether on the road or while connecting with friends online," said Motel 6 chief marketing officer, Lance Miceli. "The addition of our Facebook application will be a strong addition to our suite of mobile booking apps. These distribution tools were designed to provide guests a seamless booking experience and have been incredibly well received, which can be seen by the revenue share the brand has captured. The Motel 6 Facebook booking engine will be supported with targeted advertising across the social network.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel