Finding a clean, comfortable place to rest while on the road just got a little easier. Today, Motel 6 launched a booking application on Facebook, allowing customers to complete their reservation from start to finish without ever leaving the brand's Facebook page. Motel 6 is currently offering a ten percent off introductory rate for users of their booking engine on the social media network.
While travelers continue to rely upon the brand's toll-free number (1-800-4-Motel6) and website for reservations, application-based bookings have dramatically increased since Motel 6 launched its apps for iPhone and Android devices. Reservations through the Motel 6 app for iPhone jumped 65 percent for June through August 2012 versus the same period last year. The brand expects their Facebook booking application to be met with the same enthusiasm.
"We know our customers are looking for convenient ways to make their travel plans in-the-moment, whether on the road or while connecting with friends online," said Motel 6 chief marketing officer, Lance Miceli. "The addition of our Facebook application will be a strong addition to our suite of mobile booking apps. These distribution tools were designed to provide guests a seamless booking experience and have been incredibly well received, which can be seen by the revenue share the brand has captured. The Motel 6 Facebook booking engine will be supported with targeted advertising across the social network.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?