US investment bank Goldman Sachs reported Tuesday 1.5 billion dollars in earnings for the third quarter, beating analysts forecasts. The organization made a 428 billion loss in the same period in 2011.
"This quarter's performance was generally solid in the context of a still challenging economic environment," said Goldman chief Lloyd Blankfein.
He reported that most of the firm's divisions had shown better results, and that the value of the firm's investment in Chinese bank ICBC had also risen considerably.
Other large US banks - including JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo - reported gains. Citigroup however posted lower.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola