BOCA RATON, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 10/16/12 -- CRC Press congratulates Senior Editor Mark Listewnik on his appointment to the Advisory Board at the Center for Private Security and Safety at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. Founded to promote training and development for the security community, the Center will present an ongoing series of courses, seminars, and certificate programs offered at the John Jay campus. The faculty will be composed of researchers and experienced practitioners and initial courses will cover security, emergency planning, and fire science.
The Center will publish a journal, offer relevant research papers, monitor and advise on changes to particular state industry mandates, and actively contribute to the development of best practices for the private security industry at the local, state, national, and international levels. The end goals are to build partnerships with other institutions, organizations, and groups in the U.S. and abroad and to support projects and activities consistent with the objectives of the security and security-related industry.
Mark Listewnik started at CRC Press in November 2006. Working with expert academics and practitioners, he acquires books for publication in the areas of emergency management, terrorism, security, and homeland security. Mark has been involved in textbook and professional book publishing for over 15 years. Prior to his tenure at CRC Press, Mark worked at Butterworth-Heinemann Publishers, a division of Elsevier; Syngress Media, now a division of Elsevier; and social science textbook publisher Allyn & Bacon, currently a division of Cengage Learning. He holds a B.A. in English literature from Skidmore College and resides in Massachusetts with his wife and three children.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information contact:
6000 Broken Sound Parkway, NW, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Tel: (561) 998-2508
Fax: (561) 241-7856
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney