Folk music icon Arlo Guthrie says his wife, Jackie, has died at their Florida home after a battle with liver cancer. She was 68.
"There are loves, and there are LOVES," Guthrie wrote on his website Monday. "Ours was and will continue to be what it has always been -- a very great love. We didn't always like each other. From time to time there were moments when we'd have our bags packed by the door. But, there was this great love that we shared from the moment we met -- a recognition -- It's YOU! And we would always return to it year after year, decade after decade and I believe life after lifetime."
Guthrie said he has canceled or postponed several shows to grieve for his wife, who died Sunday. The couple were married 43 years.
"I will make [the shows] up as soon as possible. The tour will begin with the gigs scheduled for Canada, and I will move ahead through the rest of whatever happens next," he wrote.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device