The MillerCoors Urban Entrepreneur Series (MUES) business plan
competition application deadline is quickly approaching. The competition
is open to participants who are age 21 and older and whose businesses
are fewer than five years old. All entries must be submitted to www.MillerCoorsMUES.com
by 12 p.m. (CDT), Friday, October 26, 2012. Since the program's
inception, the MUES business plan competition has awarded entrepreneurs
more than $2 million in business grants.
"We recognize the challenges entrepreneurs face and the courage it takes to face those challenges and strive for success. MUES empowers small businesses and helps propel them to the next level," said Larry Waters, senior director of community commerce and partnerships, MillerCoors.
This year's top winner will be awarded a $50,000 business grant. Up to four other finalists will each receive $25,000 grants, and one consumer-voted entrepreneur from the selected finalists will be awarded a $10,000 business development grant. The Consumer's Choice Award, new to the MUES competition, will allow contestants to engage their social networks to choose their favorite business. For more information on the competition and business development resources, visit http://www.millercoorsmues.com/muestv, to hear from some of the judges.
Some of the long-standing MUES advocates and community partners include the Atlanta Business League, the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Dallas, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, local chapters of the Urban League, and the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP).
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released