BARTLETT, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 10/15/12 -- Sebert Landscaping has been a well-respected landscape services company in the Chicago area for well over 25 years. Their reputation has been built on providing cost effective solutions to handle the landscaping needs of a wide variety of clientele. Not happy to just produce a great product, Sebert has taken it upon itself to do so in as environmentally friendly manner as possible.
The commitment of Sebert Landscaping to make their operations more 'green' are evident in a variety of ways. Where almost all other landscape companies run their mowers on gasoline, Sebert has spent the time and money to convert their fleet to propane. The natural propane is non-toxic, burns clean, and drastically reduces emissions as compared to running gas engines. They have also begun the process of transitioning their hand held equipment, such as blowers and trimmers, to battery powered models instead of gas. Along with that, Sebert is working on developing a solar powered trailer that can serve as a mobile charging station for the batteries that will be powering their equipment.
Sebert's commitment to the environment does not stop there. The 14,000 sq. foot office they operate out of has been LEED Gold Certified, indicating a level of efficiency that very few have achieved. The building has incorporated many renewable technologies in order to reduce its overall resource consumption. Rainwater is collected in special gutters for reuse, and energy recovery ventilators are used to capture the potential energy in exhaust air. These features and many more have added up to create a building that operates at 40% lower energy cost than the same size building constructed to minimum code.
Sebert Landscaping believes that it only makes sense to take care of the environment as a whole while caring for the landscapes of individual clients. It is a safe bet that as green technology continues to develop, Sebert will remain on the cutting edge.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
1550 W. Bartlett Rd.
Bartlett, IL 60103
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women