WASHINGTON, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
MONDAY, OCTOBER 15: HISPANIC BUSINESS
Profile America -- Monday, October 15th. As National Hispanic Heritage Month winds up, a good deal of attention is being focused on the role members of this growing community play in the country's business world. There are 2.3 million Hispanic-owned firms in the U.S., an increase of almost 44 percent in a recent five-year period. These companies generated nearly $351 billion in annual revenue -- up more than 58 percent in the same period. New Mexico led the rest of the states in its proportion of Hispanic businesses at nearly 24 percent, followed by Florida at 22 percent and Texas at 21 percent. You can find current data on the country's economy -- on the go -- by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Facts for Features, CB12-FF.19
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button). Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110428/DC91889LOGOPRN Photo Desk email@example.comU.S. Census Bureau
Web site: http://www.census.gov/
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go