New England Patriots QB/QT Tom Brady may show a big arm on the field, but compared to his two-time Super Bowl rival Eli Manning, BFF Peyton Manning and holier-than-thou Tim Tebow, 12's digital footprint is on injured reserve!
According to the cybergeeks at PeekYou, Brady ranks as the fifth most popular field general on social networking sites, the bloggersphere and other pockets in cyberspace. No. 1 is Giants QB Eli Manning, followed by Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos and the Jets backup Tim Tebow.
"Eli Manning, who has won two Super Bowls and plays in New York, the media capital of the world, doesn't surprise me coming in at No. 1," said Maine homey -- and Patriots fan -- Michael Hussey, CEO of Peek-You, a people search company. "If Brady got himself more out there with Facebook and Twitter, maybe he would be higher on the list. But he's more of a low-key guy. It's not important to him."
For the record, 12's fan page on Facebook has more than 1.7 million "likes," but he's not on Twitter. While there are many pages devoted to the three-time Super Bowl champ (@TomBradysEgo has nearly 35,000 followers), he's not one to hop on the 140-character bandwagon like Tebow who has a verified Twitter account and 1.9 million followers.
Hussey thinks more people nationally talk about the Manning brothers, Vick and Tebow -- not Brady whose PeekScore is 8.83 out of 10.
"I know, it's hard to believe," he laughed.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes