Actor Gary Collins, host of the TV show "Hour Magazine" and the Miss America pageant, died Saturday in Biloxi, Miss., a deputy coroner said. He was 74.
Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer told TMZ Collins died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins hosted "Hour Magazine" from 1980-88 and was the Miss America master of ceremonies from 1985-89. He hosted "The Home Show on ABC from 1989-94.
He guest-starred on scores of television shows, including "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Marcus Welby, M.D."
Collins was born Gary Ennis Collins April 30, 1938, in Venice, Calif. He married Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America, in 1967. The couple separated last year, TMZ said.
Collins had one child with Mobley and two children from a previous marriage to Susan Peterson Lachman.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March