Actor Gary Collins, host of the TV show "Hour Magazine" and the Miss America pageant, died Saturday in Biloxi, Miss., a deputy coroner said. He was 74.
Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer told TMZ Collins died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins hosted "Hour Magazine" from 1980-88 and was the Miss America master of ceremonies from 1985-89. He hosted "The Home Show on ABC from 1989-94.
He guest-starred on scores of television shows, including "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Marcus Welby, M.D."
Collins was born Gary Ennis Collins April 30, 1938, in Venice, Calif. He married Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America, in 1967. The couple separated last year, TMZ said.
Collins had one child with Mobley and two children from a previous marriage to Susan Peterson Lachman.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe