Actor Gary Collins, host of the TV show "Hour Magazine" and the Miss America pageant, died Saturday in Biloxi, Miss., a deputy coroner said. He was 74.
Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer told TMZ Collins died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins hosted "Hour Magazine" from 1980-88 and was the Miss America master of ceremonies from 1985-89. He hosted "The Home Show on ABC from 1989-94.
He guest-starred on scores of television shows, including "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Marcus Welby, M.D."
Collins was born Gary Ennis Collins April 30, 1938, in Venice, Calif. He married Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America, in 1967. The couple separated last year, TMZ said.
Collins had one child with Mobley and two children from a previous marriage to Susan Peterson Lachman.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- How Green Is Google?
- Florida Enterprises Look to Costa Rica
- San Francisco Renters Battle Over Conversions