Actor Gary Collins, host of the TV show "Hour Magazine" and the Miss America pageant, died Saturday in Biloxi, Miss., a deputy coroner said. He was 74.
Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer told TMZ Collins died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins hosted "Hour Magazine" from 1980-88 and was the Miss America master of ceremonies from 1985-89. He hosted "The Home Show on ABC from 1989-94.
He guest-starred on scores of television shows, including "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Marcus Welby, M.D."
Collins was born Gary Ennis Collins April 30, 1938, in Venice, Calif. He married Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America, in 1967. The couple separated last year, TMZ said.
Collins had one child with Mobley and two children from a previous marriage to Susan Peterson Lachman.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets