Actor Gary Collins, host of the TV show "Hour Magazine" and the Miss America pageant, died Saturday in Biloxi, Miss., a deputy coroner said. He was 74.
Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer told TMZ Collins died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins hosted "Hour Magazine" from 1980-88 and was the Miss America master of ceremonies from 1985-89. He hosted "The Home Show on ABC from 1989-94.
He guest-starred on scores of television shows, including "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Marcus Welby, M.D."
Collins was born Gary Ennis Collins April 30, 1938, in Venice, Calif. He married Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America, in 1967. The couple separated last year, TMZ said.
Collins had one child with Mobley and two children from a previous marriage to Susan Peterson Lachman.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries