Apple's much-rumored iPad mini will have its official debut at an event Oct. 23, U.S. tech-watching websites report insiders as saying.
AllThingsD reported it has been told the event will be a smaller affair than the iPhone 5 introduction and suggested it could be held at Apple headquarters rather than at a large venue in San Francisco as was the case for the iPhone debut.
There had been some suggestions unforeseen supply chain issues had delayed the date of the introduction of Apple's smaller iPad but sources close to Apple said that was not the case, Slashgear reported Friday.
The iPad mini is expected to use a 7.85-inch display, running at the same 1024 x 768 resolution as the original iPad and iPad 2 featured on their 9.7-inch screens.
That would slot it in-between the iPod touch and the 9.7-inch existing iPad in terms of size
Apple is reportedly intending to maintain the larger tablet's top-of-the-line position by limiting the new iPad mini to WiFi-only, with no 3G/4G option.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women