Keds has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift.
The 96-year-old Lexington-based sneaker company said it chose the young singer -- who's been dating Conor Kennedy, the son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. -- because she embodies the brand's "spirit, style and sensibility."
Limited-edition "Red" Keds Champion sneakers will be released to celebrate the country crooner's new "Red" album, and fans can enter to win a custom, autographed pair. The sneakers will be sold online on the Keds, Taylor Swift, Nordstrom and Journeys websites beginning Oct. 22.
"I'm so excited to be partnering with Keds," Swift said in a statement. "I've been a fan of Keds for years because they have two of my favorite elements of great style -- they're classic and effortless."
Keds president Rick Blackshaw said Swift has become an "inspiration to millions and a shining example of what can happen when you set your mind to something."
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs