Keds has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift.
The 96-year-old Lexington-based sneaker company said it chose the young singer -- who's been dating Conor Kennedy, the son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. -- because she embodies the brand's "spirit, style and sensibility."
Limited-edition "Red" Keds Champion sneakers will be released to celebrate the country crooner's new "Red" album, and fans can enter to win a custom, autographed pair. The sneakers will be sold online on the Keds, Taylor Swift, Nordstrom and Journeys websites beginning Oct. 22.
"I'm so excited to be partnering with Keds," Swift said in a statement. "I've been a fan of Keds for years because they have two of my favorite elements of great style -- they're classic and effortless."
Keds president Rick Blackshaw said Swift has become an "inspiration to millions and a shining example of what can happen when you set your mind to something."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change