Keds has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift.
The 96-year-old Lexington-based sneaker company said it chose the young singer -- who's been dating Conor Kennedy, the son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. -- because she embodies the brand's "spirit, style and sensibility."
Limited-edition "Red" Keds Champion sneakers will be released to celebrate the country crooner's new "Red" album, and fans can enter to win a custom, autographed pair. The sneakers will be sold online on the Keds, Taylor Swift, Nordstrom and Journeys websites beginning Oct. 22.
"I'm so excited to be partnering with Keds," Swift said in a statement. "I've been a fan of Keds for years because they have two of my favorite elements of great style -- they're classic and effortless."
Keds president Rick Blackshaw said Swift has become an "inspiration to millions and a shining example of what can happen when you set your mind to something."
Most Popular Stories
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- U.S. Veteran Killed Fighting in Ukraine
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer