Worldwide superstar Rihanna has once again ignited record charts around the world with "Diamonds," the fastest-rising single of her career to date, with first-week postings at No. 1 iTunes in 27 countries and Top 5 iTunes in 55 countries.
Now, Rihanna announces the global release of her seventh studio album for Island Def Jam in just seven years: "Unapologetic" arrives in stores worldwide on Monday, Nov. 19.
In the U.S., "Diamonds" debuted this week at No. 16-bullet on the Billboard Hot 100, tying Rihanna's previous highest debut, last year's worldwide No. 1 smash, "We Found Love" (featuring Calvin Harris). "Diamonds" amassed 41.5 million total audience, her biggest first-week audience ever on the Hot 100 Airplay Chart where it debuted at #28-bullet, tying her previous highest debut, last year's "You Da One."
Now, as Billboard unveils its new, updated methodology and tallying formulas, "Diamonds" leaps to the #1 spot on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, aided by strong multi-format airplay and digital downloads.
In the UK, "Diamonds" has earned Rihanna her 6th No. 1 single on both the iTunes and the national chart, topping a summit of 27 countries where the song has also reached No. 1 at iTunes including France, Spain, Australia and Germany. "Diamonds" is her fastest growing airplay hit in the UK, France and Germany.
Following Rihanna's award winning social media marketing campaign last year, UNLOCKED, and as Forbes' and Billboard's No. 1 Social Media artist, she continues her digital media domination with #R7, launching on Monday, Oct. 15. #R7 is an interactive gaming experience where fans visit www.Rihanna7.com and explore this site to "RIHveal" exclusive content and prizes. Each week fans are assigned weekly trivia questions. When answered correctly, fans have a new mission to exclusive Rihanna announcements and "RIHwards," bringing fans closer to her seventh album, "Unapologetic."
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief