Worldwide superstar Rihanna has once again ignited record charts around the world with "Diamonds," the fastest-rising single of her career to date, with first-week postings at No. 1 iTunes in 27 countries and Top 5 iTunes in 55 countries.
Now, Rihanna announces the global release of her seventh studio album for Island Def Jam in just seven years: "Unapologetic" arrives in stores worldwide on Monday, Nov. 19.
In the U.S., "Diamonds" debuted this week at No. 16-bullet on the Billboard Hot 100, tying Rihanna's previous highest debut, last year's worldwide No. 1 smash, "We Found Love" (featuring Calvin Harris). "Diamonds" amassed 41.5 million total audience, her biggest first-week audience ever on the Hot 100 Airplay Chart where it debuted at #28-bullet, tying her previous highest debut, last year's "You Da One."
Now, as Billboard unveils its new, updated methodology and tallying formulas, "Diamonds" leaps to the #1 spot on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, aided by strong multi-format airplay and digital downloads.
In the UK, "Diamonds" has earned Rihanna her 6th No. 1 single on both the iTunes and the national chart, topping a summit of 27 countries where the song has also reached No. 1 at iTunes including France, Spain, Australia and Germany. "Diamonds" is her fastest growing airplay hit in the UK, France and Germany.
Following Rihanna's award winning social media marketing campaign last year, UNLOCKED, and as Forbes' and Billboard's No. 1 Social Media artist, she continues her digital media domination with #R7, launching on Monday, Oct. 15. #R7 is an interactive gaming experience where fans visit www.Rihanna7.com and explore this site to "RIHveal" exclusive content and prizes. Each week fans are assigned weekly trivia questions. When answered correctly, fans have a new mission to exclusive Rihanna announcements and "RIHwards," bringing fans closer to her seventh album, "Unapologetic."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply