WICHITA, Kan., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of the new, integrated, digital marketing strategy for Rumba(R) meats, Cargill is unveiling the brand's third annual on-pack promotion titled "Recipe of the Month" or "Receta del Mes." This year's national, bilingual, promotion is designed to reach multicultural consumers who purchase from the meat case and will incorporate both online and in-store elements designed to increase engagement, offer new purchase occasions and expand the reach of the brand.
The effort is part of a larger commitment by Cargill and the Rumba((R)) brand marketing team to engage multicultural shoppers through digital media, and to provide resources to those who seek new and exciting options from the retail meat case. As part of this commitment, Rumba launched a new website (www.rumbameats.com) designed to educate consumers about the variety of products in the brand's portfolio, showcase the traditions of loyal Rumba(R) brand users and inspire new creations.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than half of the growth in the U.S. population in the last decade has come from multicultural segments. These shoppers are already a driving force in the retail grocery channel and they have had a profound influence on mainstream American culture, specifically the culinary landscape of the U.S. Strong cultural connections, early and ubiquitous adoption of technology and a widespread use of social media are amplifying this influence.
Multicultural consumers tend to retain cultural and culinary traditions and use digital media to research, create and share information among their personal networks, in their community and beyond. "For more than 5 years, Rumba(R) has delivered the essential meat case products for our consumers' most treasured meals," said Rumba(R) meats Associate Brand Manager David Bisek. "This year, we are taking our promotional efforts to the next level to now provide an exciting platform for cultural exchange and personal influence."
The promotion runs through May 2013 and is featured on specially marked Rumba(R) beef and pork packages across the U.S. To participate, consumers submit their favorite recipe featuring a Rumba(R) beef or pork product either at www.rumbameats.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RumbaMeats. A winner will be selected each month by a panel of qualified judges supervised by an experienced culinary professional. The monthly winner will receive a $500.00 Visa gift card and have their recipe featured on www.rumbameats.com. Along with on-pack messaging, the "Recipe of the Month" promotion is supported with bilingual banner ads, social media and monthly e-mail blasts to Rumba(R) meats shoppers.
About Rumba(R) meatsCargill founded the Rumba((R) )meats( )brand in 2007 as a line of food products that meet the unique needs of multicultural consumers. The product line currently includes 33 fresh, never frozen beef and pork meat cuts that are an integral part of the traditions and cultures of multicultural consumers (including Hispanic, African American and Asian populations). Rumba((R)) products are available in mainstream and independent grocery stores and retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.rumbameats.com or www.facebook.com/rumbameats.
About CargillCargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 140,000 people in 65 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit Cargill.com and its news center.Cargill
Web site: http://www.cargill.com/http://www.rumbameats.com/
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'